There are a lot of challenges when it comes to understanding a foreign language, even if you are already an intermediate speaker and can communicate quite well in it. We have previously mentioned idiomatic expressions which can cause confusion or misunderstanding and can be every translator’s or interpreter’s nightmare. Well, it is not the end of the story. There come so called false friends next. It is easy to figure out what false friends could mean in real life but when it comes to a linguistic realm it obviously has something to do with understanding the original meaning which is not so straightforward anymore.Continue reading Watch out, false friends are about!
- The freelancer strategy – everything you need to know about the work of a freelance translator
- Five applications for everyday language learning
- What are the best films for learning foreign languages? See the TOP 5 globtra.com suggestions
- 6 less obvious reasons to learn a foreign language
- Watch out, false friends are about!
- Transkreacja – znaczenie w tłumaczeniach i marketingu
- Translation and Transcription – What’s The Difference?
- 5 Tips to Be an Efficient Freelance Translator
- How To Become a Certified Translator
- 5 Tips to Help You Be An Efficient Freelance Translator